2572 21st St
Sacramento, CA 95818
Do you want to be a thought leader on writing, editing, design, or other publishing industry-related topics?
And more importantly, do you want a (possibly revenue-generating) way to identify and pre-qualify potential clients for your freelance services?
A good way to show thought leadership–in addition to creating and sharing great content on social media–is to present a workshop or talk. In your workshop you introduce others to your services in a soft-sell way. You teach them a baseline set of skills and/or processes and educate them about the steps they should take and questions they should be asking to reach their goals.
This will be a brainstorming, resource-sharing session where we team up with the goal to provide one or more publishing-related workshops for our local community.
Come prepared to talk about:
1. The audience you most want to reach with your services
2. Where you’re already connecting with them
3. What you want them to learn or be able to do
4. The areas where you have the most expertise
5. How you can share your expertise interactively
6. How much $$$ you’d need to earn (either directly or as a result of business referrals) to make a workshop worth it for you
A few of us have already done speaking gigs at conferences and for local writing groups. I’m thinking we can leverage this experience and work together to generate new referral channels and income streams. Let’s try it!